Now is a unique time to grow your career with an amazing organization. We have nearly doubled sales again in the past two years and increased the size of our facility over 300% in the past year. We are a 125 plus employee, family owned and oriented company who is growing tremendously, and we're still looking ahead. Plus, we take care of our people:
- Benefits package
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation
- Dental and vision plans
- Life insurance policy
- 401k with 60% matching contributions
Be a part of a great company who values and appreciates their people. We do many family gathering events, float trips, Silver Dollar City, park outings, ball games, race track, catered meals and support the Sertoma Chili Cookoff benefiting the Boys and Girls Club of Springfield. Here are some current openings:
1. QC Manager - Watson Metal Masters, Inc. has an opening for a Quality Control Manager. We are looking for a knowledgeable stainless steel QC person with many years of experience in this industry. The position is for first shift and the right candidate will autonomously run the department. We offer a dynamic work environment for self-motivated and empowered people to excel while building strong relationships with all direct reports, support staff and customer inspectors. We offer competitive pay commensurate with experience and great benefits along with an exciting, enjoyable work place. We believe and live by our family first, family friendly philosophy. The QC Manager's position will have direct daily interaction with the entire management team and fabrication staff. Will be an independent thinker capable of fully running the department. You will have a deep understanding of the ASME Code, Section VIII, Div. 1. A CWI is preferred.
Duties to include but not limited to:
Minimum/Required Qualifications: High school diploma or GED, 2-3 years supervising employees and 4-6 years of stainless steel tank and vessel fabrication.
- Supervision of inspection team
- In-process inspections, partial inspection and final inspections of tanks and vessels
- Checking and signing off layout and fit-up's and completing travelers
- Vessel hydro and FAT's
- Filling out and filing QC paperwork, EDT Data Reports
- Interaction with company inspectors and third party inspectors
- Interaction with AI
- Conduct Annual Audits and Joint Reviews
2. SHOP SUPERVISOR - The right candidate will be a self-driven, highly motivated, goal orientated and company minded individual to promote company values to the employees. Willing to take betterment classes both personally and professionally for constant improvement of skills and management techniques.
Need to be able to multitask due to the number of employees and projects to manage at one time. Must project confidence at all times even during times of adversity to maintain positive attitude with shop employees.
Good attendance and punctuality is a must in this position. Need to have at least 3 years in manufacturing management, at least 5 years of stainless steel vessel fabrication background in all aspects from layout to completion and at least 5 years in blueprint reading. Must have at least 5 years of stainless steel finish grinding/polishing experience from buffed welds to 320 EP polish.
Must be able to trouble shoot fabrication, welding and grinding issues to keep projects moving forward with little or no assistance. Must be able to follow instructions set forth by the Manufacturing Manager and use those instructions to lead the shop employees to efficiently and effectively produce high quality custom fabricated products in a timely manner.
Must be able to lead and manage 15 to 20 employees. Need to have basic computer skills and be able to send and receive emails and do time collecting functions for payroll.
3. WELDERS, GRINDERS & CRAFTSMEN - We are adding new positions for welders, grinders and craftsmen. We look for at least two years experience in stainless steel tank fabrication.
4. CAD DESIGNER - The successful candidate will be able to:
Work experience and educational requirements:
- Design stainless steel vessels and equipment using CAD software.
- Develop customer drawings, purchasing Bills of Material (BOMs), manufacturing cut-sheets, and other related engineering documents.
- Update fabrication drawings to meet customer needs and internal standards.
- Must be a problem solver and able to work with a team.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the Sales and Production team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned to help the WMMI team.
This position is full-time and paid hourly with overtime requirements. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Please send resume to:email@example.com.
- Associate's degree in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design is required. Bachelor's degree in Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) or a Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 or newer is required. Working knowledge of Autodesk Inventor 2014 or newer is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in stainless steel equipment design required. An equivalent combination of related education and work experience may be taken into consideration.
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite.
If you are interested in pursuing any of these job listings. Additional opportunities will be posted from time to time for other positions so please check back often. Watson Metal Masters, Inc. offers top pay for all positions. Check out the Springfield community at LiveInSpringfieldMo.com.